Join our team
Children’s Home and LSS offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for individuals who wish to impact the lives of children and families, and who share our commitment to give every child security, opportunity and a loving family.
FMLA regulations require all covered employers post the following FMLA Posting.
adoption Social Worker
Come work with our International Adoption Team! As an Adoption Social Worker you will assess families for adoption readiness and provide family preparation and education. You will develop relationships with youth and work directly with them to prepare them for adoption. You will review adoption applications for eligibility, arrange/conduct adoption study interviews, prepare written study reports and consult and collaborate with program staff, therapists, social workers, guardians, foster parents and/or other significant adults. You will assist families with the program-specific adoption process, network and facilitate a match between the family and program-specific staff responsible for the placement of children and provide post-placement supervision and evaluation. You will manage client files to ensure confidentially, completeness, accuracy, prepare in-house reports, including tracking statistics and billing, and manage an adoption caseload to ensure quality standards are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work; a Master’s degree in social work is preferred.
- Valid social work licensure is required for some programs.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to reliable transportation and a Motor Vehicle Check. Must be able to travel to family homes.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to case management responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently, be organized and multi-task.
- Sensitivity to the adoption community.
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or family type.
Children’s Home Society of MN and Lutheran Social Service of MN are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and reward employees. Consider joining us!
We offer excellent benefits! (medical/dental; 403B with match; vision, wellness; PTO)
If you’re creative, bright, flexible and want to make a difference in the lives of others while changing yours, apply here!Apply for the Adoption Social Worker position on the LSS site
Additional Opportunities to Get Involved
Along with joining our staff, we are eager to have volunteers support our mission to help children thrive.