Join our team
Children’s Home and LSS offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for individuals who wish to impact the lives of children and families, and who share our commitment to give every child security, opportunity and a loving family.
Children’s Home and LSS are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers.
FMLA regulations require all covered employers post the following FMLA Posting.
Adoption Worker – Saint Paul, MN
The primary purpose of the position is to provide post adoption services to adoptees and birth family who are seeking search and reunion services, or other intermediary services.
In 2012, Lutheran Social Service and Children’s Home Society of Minnesota came together to provide adoption services that express our shared values and belief that children have the fundamental right to have security, opportunity and a loving family. We value the worth of all people and always strive for excellence. If you want a career that challenges, energizes, and rewards you, consider joining us and help change lives.
As an Adoption Worker you will manage post adoption case work, utilizing internet search engines to search for birth relatives and adoptees. The majority of work is through phone and email with occasional in-person meetings. This position is responsible for facilitating contact and mediating communication between adoptees and birth relatives, both domestic and international. Additional responsibilities may include: writing non-identifying background reports and assisting with support groups, day camps, and educational activities for parents and adoptees.
Occasional nights of Saturday hours may be required. The ideal candidate will work well both independently and as a team member.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (preferred) – OR – Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus 3-5 years of related experience
- Sensitivity to adoption community is required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft™ Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, be organized and multi-task
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be insurable under agency policy
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or family type
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to case management responsibilities
- Ability to communicate well using verbal and written methods
- Ability to travel to family homes
Additional Opportunities to Get Involved
Along with joining our staff, we are eager to have volunteers support our mission to help children thrive.